Who is KARI?
Established in 1999, KARI Aboriginal Resources Incorporated is an Aboriginal community-based organisation based in Liverpool that provides child protection services and community program initiatives to the Aboriginal community of South-West Sydney. KARI develops and implements best practice in its management and service provision and is recognised as a leading Aboriginal organisation in the sector.
The aim of the organisation is to deliver a range of quality services and initiatives that include Aboriginal Out-of- Home Care (OOHC) and community capacity building programs and initiatives aimed at supporting the Aboriginal community of South West Sydney. KARI is primarily funded by the NSW Department of Human Services - Community Services, but also generates its own funds through fee-for-service work it undertakes, as well as fundraising activities. KARI has a strong working relationship with Community Services Central and Regional Offices and has developed a number of key partnerships with other services and agencies in an effort to further support its clients
What is our Core Business?
- KARI manages an Aboriginal Out-of-Home Care Service for children aged from 0 - 17 years. We recruit, train and support quality Aboriginal Foster Carers and provide full case management for our children and young people. We currently manage 100 placements but this figure will grow to 120 placements in the near future. We have a quality OOHC team who devote themselves to supporting our carers and children in care.
- Community Programs Initiatives - Our community programs aim to make a difference for children, young people and families. We invest heavily in programs and initiatives that are focused on young Aboriginal people. We want to see our people participate well and be competitive at school. We want to implement programs and initiatives that proudly display our culture and many talents.
- Aboriginal Advocacy - We continue to provide advocacy support and assist where possible to ensure that our clients or community members are receiving appropriate or adequate services or in an effort to resolve certain situations.
- Promoting Community Cultural Awareness - We will always proudly promote Aboriginal culture, history and values through providing and attending community events, service promotion, service literature and service delivery.
- Partnership Exploration - Where appropriate we will link with other quality services in an effort to support or improve our own service delivery. Where appropriate we will enter into partnership arrangements to increase service output.
Who do we Help?
KARI supports the Aboriginal community of South West Sydney. We also support other Aboriginal people and community groups in other areas should the need fit our programs and budgets.
What is the Team Like?
The KARI team is in a state of growth and all members of the team are very excited about welcoming new members into the team.
The team environment is excellent with a beautiful office with all the technology to support good work. The team are provided with uniforms that are black trousers or skirts with mixed shirts in our corporate colours, because of the mix and match we don't all look the same every day, we always look professional and we all like to smile.
What else do I Need to Know?
If you look through the job description you will see information which gives you an insight into the role you are applying for the type of person that we are looking for.
To Apply for a Position
To give yourself the best opportunity to gain an interview you will need to complete a pre-screening phone interview by calling our friendly human resources staff on 8782 0300. Do not send any material before making this call.